1. Through Christ, God created the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them in six literal, historical days. He created a literal, historical Adam and Eve on the sixth day, after which He declared everything He had made to be very good.
2. God has created each individual as either male or female, and marriage as the exclusive union between one man and one woman (Genesis 2:22-24 and Matthew 19:4-6). It is not mankind’s position to question His wisdom or to try to change these realities.
3. All death is the result of mankind’s sin. So it required the literal, historical death, burial, and resurrection of the Son of God Jesus Christ to redeem Creation from sin and death.
4. God purified the earth of the degradation that had resulted from sin by causing a worldwide flood, through which he saved only Noah and those with him on the Ark. At a future time He has determined, He will destroy the present heavens and earth by fire, and create a new heaven and earth in which will be only righteousness for all eternity.
5. True science begins with the fear of the Lord, which includes acknowledgment of these foundational truths taught by the authoritative Word of God. True science ultimately verifies the scientific and historical accuracy of Scripture.